Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mid October Post - More Rain

Strawberry Perfection...
Best Buds in the Garden...The Winter Squash and Pumpkins are ready to go...
Persimmon Potential...
Silly Pups...
The Rose Hips...
Sunflowers Still Popping...Even as the rain comes down...
Wild Flowers...This bed of scattered Poppies, Wild Flowers, and Various Cutting Flowers has been a joy.....they've bloomed all summer.
Golden Delicious Apple...All done now.
Hazelnut...Adopted last spring... I think they bloom and bear nuts in the winter...must research.
Pretty Cool Paper Wasp Nest....We have been enjoying observing this nest off the side of the county road. Recently, it appears to have been disturbed, and is not nearly as perfect as these images. Below...Lots of light on that nest. Missing days like those.

Repeat of Bear Butte StarShine...I like it centered over the Butte symmetrically...notice the silhouetted play structure of the Salmon Creek School.
Fig...This is a Black Mission Style...BlackJack maybe? Lots of figs...alas, very little sunshine, and temps in the 50's. Might get to eat a few though...Below, I never tire of the Shasta Daisy...they are expanding and innocent. These bloomed all summer because they were near a regularly watered space. Nice.
I whine about the rain. It is only October and the rain and wind are all acting December on me. Giant acorn party last night. My sleep is tossed in these breezy, noisy, stormy nights. Morning brings more serious ditch work on the road, and still the water flows. I am already over it, just 2 weeks into it. Oh well, to quote myself; "Time to hunker down." Or maybe... I will start my desert blog his winter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially love your photos! The starshine over the Butte is spectacular.

I stumbled on your blog by way of a list of Humboldt blogs-serendipitous.